Section 1.16 Summary
- Computer science is the study of problem solving.
- Computer science uses abstraction as a tool for representing both processes and data.
- Abstract data types allow programmers to manage the complexity of a problem domain by hiding the details of the data.
- Java is a powerful object-oriented language.
- Arrays and ArrayLists are Java sequential collections.
- HashMaps and Sets are nonsequential collections of data.
- Classes allow programmers to implement abstract data types.
- Programmers can override standard methods as well as create new methods.
- Programmers can have multiple methods with the same name as long as their number and/or types of parameters differ. This is called overloading a method.
You have attempted of activities on this page.