Section 20.8 Glossary
- assert statement.
- A statement that verifies that a boolean condition is true.
- design by contract.
- An approach to designing functions that specifies function behavior using preconditions and postconditions.
- Part of a function specification that states the work the function completed by the function if the precondition is satisfied.
- A boolean condition that the caller of a function must ensure is true in order for the function to produce correct results
- specification-based tests.
- tests that are designed based only on the information in the function specification, without considering any of the details in the function implementation.
- unit test.
- Code that tests a function to determine if it works properly
You have attempted of activities on this page.