Section 7.9 Glossary
- A group of consecutive statements with the same indentation.
- The block of statements in a compound statement that follows the header.
- boolean expression
- An expression that is either true or false.
- boolean function
- A function that returns a boolean value. The only possible values of the
- boolean value
- There are exactly two boolean values:
False. Boolean values result when a boolean expression is evaluated by the Python interepreter. They have type
- One of the possible paths of the flow of execution determined by conditional execution.
- chained conditional
- A conditional branch with more than two possible flows of execution. In Python chained conditionals are written with
if ... elif ... elsestatements.
- comparison operator
- One of the operators that compares two values:
- The boolean expression in a conditional statement that determines which branch is executed.
- conditional statement
- A statement that controls the flow of execution depending on some condition. In Python the keywords
elseare used for conditional statements.
- logical operator
- One of the operators that combines boolean expressions:
- modulus operator
- An operator, denoted with a percent sign (
%), that works on integers and yields the remainder when one number is divided by another.
- One program structure within another, such as a conditional statement inside a branch of another conditional statement.
You have attempted of activities on this page.