Section 6.12 Glossary
- chatterbox function.
- A function which interacts with the user (using
- composition (of functions).
- Calling one function from within the body of another, or using the return value of one function as an argument to the call of another.
- dead code.
- Part of a program that can never be executed, often because it appears after a
- fruitful function.
- A function that yields a return value instead of
- incremental development.
- A program development plan intended to simplify debugging by adding and testing only a small amount of code at a time.
- A special Python value. One use in Python is that it is returned by functions that do not execute a return statement with a return argument.
- return value.
- The value provided as the result of a function call.
- Code that is used during program development to assist with development and debugging. The unit test code that we added in this chapter are examples of scaffolding.
- temporary variable.
- A variable used to store an intermediate value in a complex calculation.
You have attempted of activities on this page.