- To tell the computer what you mean in your program.
- Comments are ignored by the computer.
- For the people who are reading your code to know, in natural language, what the program is doing.
- The computer ignores comments. It's for the humans that will "consume" your program.
- Nothing, they are extraneous information that is not needed.
- Comments can provide much needed information for anyone reading the program.
- Nothing in a short program. They are only needed for really large programs.
- Even small programs benefit from comments.
What are comments for?