- When a single grain causes the cells to topple which then affects a substantial friction of the grid.
- Sand Pile Model
- A 2-D cellular automaton where the state of each cell represents the slope of part of a sand pile.
- Self-Organized Critically (SOC)
- The tendency of some systems to evolve toward, and stay in, a critical state.
- Any quantity that varies in time.
- Ultimate Cause
- A deeper kind of explanation for a large avalanche.
- A way of determining the fractal dimension of a set S in a Euclidean space Rn.
- Fractal geometry
- Patterns have self-similarity, they are similar when compared to the copies of the whole.
- Holistic Model
- This model focuses more on similarities between systems and less interest in analogous parts.
- It is a signal which contains many frequency components in the context of signal processing
- Pink Noise
- In this, low-frequency components have more power than high-frequency components.
- Power Spectrum
- A function that shows the power of each frequency component.
- Proximate Cause
- The cause that is most immediately responsible for a large avalanche.
- Reductionist Model
- Describing a system by describing their interactions and parts.
You have attempted of activities on this page