9.4. Transitioning to Text-Based Languages and CS A¶
Explore the materials posted on the student site under Transitioning to Text Based Languages and CS A. If your school offers CS A, this may be a good time to introduce students to text-based programming and get them excited to take CS A or other programming languages. There are also fun tutorials listed for Python and web design and programming.
Other suggestions from teachers include:
- Celebrate! Host an app day where students share apps with the school and community (great recruiting technique)
- Help students teach younger kids about computing - work with your elementary and middle schools, either in the classroom or in an afterschool event
- Have students explore computing careers and redo your classroom with that information
- Have students create another app project, data visualization, impact project, etc.
- Other ideas? Share them in the discussion forum...
You have attempted of activities on this page