6.13. Self Check¶
- Low clustering and high path length.
- Not quite. Try again.
- High clustering and high path length.
- No, this would not be ideal.
- Low clustering and low path length.
- No, keep trying.
- High clustering and low path length.
- Correct! In a small world graph, things are very clustered and have little space between then, hence their low path length.
Q-1: What are the characteristics of a small world graph?
- Incorrect, a WS model can be heavy-tailed but they can never follow power law.
- Correct, just because some do that does not mean all do.
Q-2: All heavy-tailed distributions follow the power law.
Q-3: According to this model, if two things are similar in some ways, they are likely to be similar in other ways. Keeping this in mind fill in the blanks.
In a system, S, we see something , that warrants explanation. We construct a model, that is analogous to By simulation or mathematical derivation, we show that the model exhibits a We conclude that System exhibits Observable because System is similar to Model, Model exhibits Behavior, and is similar to