14. Learn Web Scraping¶
The internet is full of information people would like to collect. Copying and pasting it would take forever! In this ebook, we’ll explore an easier way.
Web scraping is the process of getting information from web pages with code.
During this lesson, you will learn code plans used by real professionals.
These plans represent the most common patterns in web scraping with the BeautifulSoup library. The plans in this ebook were created after an anaylsis of 100 web scraping files from Github, as well as two interviews with people who use web scraping in their jobs.
- 14.1. Scrape all the Cottage Inn Pizza locations
- 14.2. Get news links from faculty webpages
- 14.3. Plan 2: Get a soup from a URL
- 14.4. Plan 3: Get a soup from multiple URLs
- 14.5. Plan 4: Get info from a single tag
- 14.6. Plan 5: Get info from all tags of a certain type
- 14.7. Plan 9: Print info
- 14.8. Plan 10: Store info in a json file
- 14.9. Code writing activity part 1
- 14.10. Code writing activity part 2
- 14.11. Code writing activity part 3
- 14.12. Code debugging activity
- 14.13. Code explaining activity
- 14.14. You can download all the plans here
- 14.15. Multiple Choice Questions
- 14.16. Mixed-Up Code Questions
- 14.17. Write Code Questions