7.9. Wrap Up¶
This lesson is meant to be a stopping point to check students' understanding of the material covered thus far, before proceeding to the next unit.
Each unit wrap up will provide App Inventor drills that would be appropriate for the material covered in the unit. As an instructor, you also have the option to give a unit quiz to your students.
7.9.1. App Inventor Drills¶
For this unit, there is one set of coding drills linked to the Wrap-up Unit on the student-facing site. These can be assigned as additional exercises to help improve coding knowledge and skills. Solutions are linked only to the teacher-facing site.
- Lists and Loops -- coding drills that focus on using for each item and for each number loops to perform various operations on lists. (Solutions)
- Databases, TinyDB and TinyWebDb -- exercises that use App Inventor's built-in database to persist and share data.
- Databases, Firebase -- the same exercises as in the previous set but these use App Inventor's experimental Firebase component to persist and share data.
7.9.2. Unit Assessments¶
The following are the suggested topics that you could assign once students have completed this unit. (Note: Before adding questions to their formative assessment, teachers should review the questions in each topic to ensure that the questions are appropriate for their students depending on what was covered in this unit. It is not necessary to assign all of the questions.)
- Topic 2.3 Extracting Information from Data
- Topic 2.4 Using Programs with Data
- Topic 5.3 Computing Bias
- Topic 5.5. Legal and Ethical Concerns
Mobile CSP Assessments
Mobile CSP has created an assessment bank of questions that can be used for each unit and at the end of the course. This assessment bank is designed to be made ONLY available to teachers and not to students, except when administering the assessment. A tool to create your own assessments from a spreadsheet is in the works, but still has some issues. For now, you can access a Google Doc and Form version of the assessments using these links.
7.9.3. Other Assessment Materials:¶
Many of the Mobile CSP teachers from previous years have decided to quiz students in between the larger exams (midterm and final). Some of those teachers have shared their quizzes. The Mobile CSP Assessments Repository contains copies of those quizzes (most of which were made with Google Forms) and instructions for how to use those quizzes. Note: Assessments are only available to verified educators that have joined the Teaching Mobile CSP Google group/forum in Unit 1. Please go here to sign up for the Teaching Mobile CSP forum. Membership in this forum gives teachers access to the following resources:
- Portfolio Answer Key website
- Solutions folder
- Quizly Solutions
- Assessments folder - includes quizzes from other teachers, copies of previous midterm and final exams, and the unit assessments
- Text Versions of Lessons
You are also welcome to create your own quizzes. If you have a quiz you'd like to submit to the repository, please email us at email@example.com