12.11. Self Check¶
Q-1: The drivers had control over one thing that eventually caused them to create the traffic jams, which was .
Q-2: Agents in the “Flocks, herds, and schools” model are called boids. Name the behaviors that each agent simulates in this model.
- Flock centering
- Move toward the center of the flock.
- Collision avoidance
- Avoid obstacles, including other Boids.
- Velocity Matching
- Align velocity (speed and direction) with neighboring Boids.
Q-3: Many complex systems have properties as a whole that their components do not. Drag and drop the properties of single agents and the behaviors of the complex system to the correct model.
- The Rule 30 cellular automaton
- Is deterministic, and the rules that govern its evolution are completely known.
- Schelling's model
- Are not racist, but the outcome of their interactions is a high degree of segregation
- Agents in this model form waves that move diagonally even though they cannot do so on their own.
- Traffic jams
- Move backward even though the cars in them are moving forward.
- Flocks and heards
- They behave as if they are centrally organized even though the animals in them are making individual decisions based on local information.
You have attempted of activities on this page