- Scientific realism
- This pertains to scientific theories and the entities they postulate.
- Gosper's Gun
- The number of live cells grows indefinitely as a stable pattern that periodically produces a spaceship — as the stream of spaceships moves out from the source.
- Long-lived patterns that yield a surprising number of live cells.
- View that theories are instruments that we use for our purpose.
- A stable pattern in which every cell in the beehive has 2 or 3 neighbors, so they all survive, and none of the dead cells adjacent to the beehive has 3 neighbors, so no new cells are born.
- Is back in the starting position, shifted one unit down and to the right, after a period of 4 steps.
- Unstable Pattern
- Pattern that changes from generation to generation.
- These patterns change over time but eventually return to their initial configuration. It oscillates between two states.
- Some patterns oscillate and return to the starting configuration, but shifted in space.
- Puffer Train
- leaves live cells in its wake as it is a translating pattern.
- Stable Pattern
- Pattern that does not change from generation to generation.
You have attempted of activities on this page