Preface Notes for Instructors
This text continues to be a work in progress, with features being added as we get requests and have time.
- Excel worksheets were attached to sections where Excel was used in the text. This allows students to examine the worksheet and the underlying code.
- Unworked versions of the Excel worksheets were attached to sections where Excel was used in the text. This allows the student to follow along.
- Screencast videos of the Excel problems are being added.
- A significant number of the problems have been converted to WeBWorK. This allows individualized problems for the students with automatic grading. A library of problems is available from the author.
- WeBWorK hosting is available through Edfinity and Runestone.
- Teaching materials, like calendars, sample quizzes, and sample tests are available to instructors on request.
- A landing page (https://mathstat.slu.edu/~may/ExcelCalculus/LandingPage.html 3 ) was established with resources that useful for offline work:
- There is a pdf version of the book that can be downloaded.
- There is a compressed collection of the Excel files used in the text that can be downloaded.
The text was designed for a particular syllabus at a particular institution. Let us know if a few additional optional topics would better suit your needs.
We welcome suggestions, comments, and corrections.Mike May, S.J.
St Louis, MO, 2023